Attention All Bloggers! Testers (Tasters) Wanted…

Mint scoop The deadline for finishing the book is fast approaching, and while we’re busy testing the recipes here, I need some help.

Maybe you also need an excuse to make a sweet treat!!!

Many of you have made some of these recipes, and I appreciate your feedback. However, I haven’t had much feedback on other recipes.

Ice Cream PartySo… To make this interesting, I would like to suggest a food event, an Ice Cream Party, to all those who have a benevolent heart, an inclination toward sweet things and a wish to make them:

Make one (or more) of the following recipes (don’t leave it too late!), write about the experience on your blog (including any suggested changes) by 25th of November, put a link here, email me at kfionnm at icecreamireland dot com with the URL of the post, and I will -

• Post a round-up of all the entries including links to your site
  • Include a credit to you in the book
  • Send a free copy of the book (when it’s published in April) to the 5 best posts
  • I’m trying to negotiate with my brother for some Ice Cream Ireland Official Tester/Taster t-shirts, and if that comes off they might find their way to you as well (no promises yet, I’ll keep you posted)

Sound good?

Here are the recipes, and some are very easy, some complicated. (I will change this as we go, since we don’t want everyone doing the same recipe):

First come first served!!!

(If you don’t have a blog, email me with your experience!)

I appreciate your help and would also appreciate if you could help me get the word out!

Thanks!

Kieran

Technorati tags: , , , ,

41 Responses to “Attention All Bloggers! Testers (Tasters) Wanted…”

1. November 6th, 2007 at 1:46 am

Manuel says:

I’d make em all if I had time. I’ll try for sure…..

2. November 6th, 2007 at 7:52 am

brian says:

I’ll give the Coffee Kahlua Ice Cream a shot or two (literally! doh!)

3. November 6th, 2007 at 11:50 am

Jen says:

I’m happy to try out the cinnamon icecream and the hot fudge sauce. It’s a tough life…

4. November 6th, 2007 at 6:44 pm

Laura says:

Well if I must…

5. November 6th, 2007 at 8:49 pm

Food Rockz Man says:

I’ll give the cardamom honey ice cream a try later this week and will post the results on my new blog: http://www.foodrockz.com

I’ll also contact you directly to make sure you don’t miss the post. Cheers,

FRM

6. November 6th, 2007 at 10:23 pm

karin says:

Brownbread icecream, sunday. My family will be my guineapigs!

7. November 7th, 2007 at 12:23 am

Sally says:

I’ll give the sherry trifle a try. Might as well practice for Christmas!

8. November 7th, 2007 at 1:24 am

Rose Welchans says:

My son and I will try the gourmet Chocolate Crust a try and the Extreme Cocoa, there is no measurement next to the milk, is that ml? I will need to convert here in the states, also is the vanilla essence the same as vanilla extract?? thanks.

9. November 7th, 2007 at 2:12 am

middleson says:

I’ll be helping my mom out (as she mentioned above) when she visits and we have our ice cream creating weekend. I’ll be voting to try the Strawberry & Sage flavor though, since I favor fruit flavors as opposed to the chocolate ones that she’s a fan of. :)
    We’ll let you know how it goes!!!

10. November 7th, 2007 at 11:23 am

Seamus says:

Couldn’t refuse a black and white cocktail. Bottoms up.

11. November 7th, 2007 at 11:24 am

Thanks for such a great start, everyone! Rose, I fixed it. It is indeed mls…

12. November 7th, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Conor O'Neill says:

I think we’ll try the Strawberry and Sage one too given that we have a huge sage bush out the front and strawberries were one of the few things to grow for me this year.

13. November 7th, 2007 at 4:26 pm

Laura says:

I made the Kahlua brownies and the chocolate and coffee fudge and am now completely pumped up on sugar!

14. November 8th, 2007 at 1:09 am

hannehanne says:

Wow, you can count on me for sure! I’ll take any opportunity to make ice cream. I’ll probably give the gelato alla crema a shot, and maybe (mmmm….) the chocolate coffee bean one too.

15. November 8th, 2007 at 3:55 am

KitchenNut says:

Ooh! I never refuse the chance to be OCD in the kitchen! I’m on it!! :D With such tasty results, as well!

16. November 8th, 2007 at 4:02 am

KitchenNut says:

Ooh! I never refuse the chance to be OCD in the kitchen! I’m on it!! With such tasty results, as well! I LOVE that the recipes are Metric!! My favorite!!

I will try: Cinnamon, Cardamom Honey, and Extreme Cocoa.

We don’t have to post our before and after weight, do we? :D I know I will enjoy this! :D Thanks for the opportunity!

17. November 8th, 2007 at 6:43 am

The Nourisher says:

I will try Cardamom and Honey but will not use refined sugar. It is a poison. Strong words I know but eating refined sugar robs the body of vital vitamins and minerals in order to assimilate it.
    These vitamins and minerals are intact in unrefined traditional sweeteners like Rapadura (dehydrated sugar cane juice), maple syrup, maple sugar, palm sugar and honey.

You can have your ice cream and eat it. No guilt. Using rapadura, whole raw egg yolks and cream (even better if unpasteurised), this food is actually a nutrient dense health food. True!

The taste of unrefined sugars is by far superior and no carpet tongue, sore tummy or sugar high and crash.

18. November 8th, 2007 at 1:23 pm

Wow, everybody! This is great! Nourisher – I’ll be delighted to hear how you get on with a sugar substitute. If you use a liquid sweetener such as maple syrup, you might well need to up the amount of cream to make up for the solid content you lose with the sugar…

19. November 8th, 2007 at 5:22 pm

Lisa says:

Oh, sure, I miss a few days and I miss this!
    I guess I’ll have to wait until the next go-round, though I think the cinnamon would be wonderful with my Thanksgiving pie!

20. November 8th, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Danielle says:

Oh, huh! I’m happy to help out, but it’ll be a bit strange making a recipe from another blog without changing it at all.

21. November 9th, 2007 at 7:17 am

David says:

Torturers! This is worse then water boarding! Make ice cream AND eat it!? The nerve.

And I’ve always thought of my Irish ancestors as warm hearted souls.

Ok, alright, I’ll make the cinnamon ice cream and report back.

22. November 10th, 2007 at 7:06 am

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy says:

I will be happy to make the Gelato alla Crema and the Coconut and Rum Ice Cream. These are two of my favorites. I just bought a litre of beautiful organic cream the other day and have been trying to figure out how to use it all. This is perfect!

23. November 10th, 2007 at 5:40 pm

Food Rockz Man says:

I’ve made the honey cardamom ice cream recipe and have blogged about it here:

The recipe worked great. I noticed one very minor inconsistency in the recipe that I did not mention in my blog. Recipe step 4 notes that the eggs will scramble at 75C, while note 2 states that the eggs will scramble at temps “higher than 76C.”

At any rate, great recipe!

24. November 12th, 2007 at 2:42 am

middleson says:

One weekend of testing complete. You can check out our results at the link above. Thanks for sparking a lot of fun!!!

25. November 12th, 2007 at 3:29 am

Rose says:

Really great fun. Are you including a conversion chart in the book?? It would be wonderful if you did, the results would be so exact and uniform that way. Delicious recipes, we will be trying more. Thanks for the fun.

26. November 13th, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Karin says:

Send you a e-mail about the brown-bread ice-cream. We loved it and will try it again.

27. November 13th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Suzanne says:

Hi,
    as I am in New Zealand, i will try the manuka honey and orange blossom ice cream.
    I will let you know how well liked it was!
    But you may want to change the picture of the ice cream, as it is accompanied by apple blossoms…;-)

28. November 13th, 2007 at 11:15 pm

Sarah Bell says:

Made the cinnamon ice cream, loved it!! http://www.stuffyerbake.co.uk/2007/11/13/food-of-the-gods/

29. November 14th, 2007 at 11:59 am

Thanks, all! Sharp eyes, Suzanne! I knew I’d get caught out with the apple blossoms!

30. November 14th, 2007 at 4:28 pm

wendi says:

I loved this challenge. I tried the cookies and the strawberry sage. I can’t wait for the book. Check out my post at http://supertaster.blogspot.com/ I should have some more photos later.

31. November 17th, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Rachel@fairycakeheaven says:

Am new to the blogosphere but think I’ll try the honey cardamom ice cream (YUM) will post as soon as possible.

32. November 19th, 2007 at 9:14 am

Lisa says:

Going to try the honey cardamom ice cream. I’ll blog about it as soon as I’m done!

33. November 21st, 2007 at 8:58 am

Julie says:

Ah, if only I had an ice cream maker! I once made ice cream in a large plastic bag filled with ice, and it actually turned out! I think I’ll try one of your sauces or your hot chocolate–they all look divine!

34. November 21st, 2007 at 8:39 pm

Rachel@fairycakeheaven says:

Here’s my attempt – this was DIVINE and one of the nicest ice-cream’s I have ever tasted.

35. November 24th, 2007 at 7:37 am

brian says:

Hi Kieran, your Kahlua Espresso Ice Cream was just fantastic. Here is my review: http://www.chocolategourmand.com/blog/?p=47.

36. November 24th, 2007 at 9:10 pm

Nicole says:

The Raspberry Lime Sorbet was delicious! My blog post is here http://crazydeliciousfood.wordpress.com/2007/11/24/ice-cream-party-raspberry-lime-sorbet-2/

37. November 26th, 2007 at 8:42 am

tricia says:

i hope it’s not too late. it’s still the 25th here in Oregon, USA!

38. April 21st, 2008 at 9:13 am

Mary says:

I would like to make the raspberry lime sorbet. Noticed the date is it too late?

39. April 21st, 2008 at 10:41 am

It’s too late for the book, but it’s never too late to make ice cream! By all means make it, and let me know how it turns out!

40. March 4th, 2010 at 2:35 am

Worth the Effort: Mocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream says:

[...] of how to marble the fudge with the ice cream. Last June, Kieran from Ice Cream Ireland put out a call for readers to try out some of his recipes in anticipation of his new book (still not readily available in the US, but you can order it from [...]

41. September 5th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Chocolate Gourmand Blog » Blog Archive » Recipe Test: Ice Cream Ireland’s Kahlua Espresso Ice Cream says:

[...] Kieran from Ice Cream Ireland put out the call for ice cream testers earlier this month, I knew I had to jump in and help out. I had already made one of his recipes for [...]