Black and White Cocktail
Since there is a “Black and White Party” over at the Happy Sorceress, I thought I’d throw in my own themed ice cream cocktail. Naturally it includes chocolate and a good hint of coffee from the Kahlua liqueur. The vanilla ice cream makes the drink cold and creamy. I think it’s just the thing for the dead of winter!
Chocolate Kahlua Cocktail with Vanilla Ice Cream
100 gm 70% chocolate
150 ml milk
1 tbs. sugar
Vanilla ice cream
What to Do:
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
2. Warm the milk and the sugar in a pan to about 50C.
3. Stir the warm milk into the melted chocolate, adding slowly, until you have a smooth emulsion.
4. Fill a shot glass using the following ratio: 1/3 chocolate mixture and 2/3 Kahlua. Leave some room for the ice cream!
5. Top with a smallÂ spoonful of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe makes enough for 8 cocktails. It’s a good chocolate sauce if you have fewer guests and some left over!
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 18th, 2007 at 7:32 pm and is filed under Drinks. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.