Cookies Ice Cream
If you want to try making it, look at my last post
MURPHYS COOKIES ICE CREAM
- 130g Sugar
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 220ml Cream
- 200ml Milk
- 1/4 Vanilla Bean
- 4 Cookies
What to do:
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and put in a saucepan with the milk.
- Bring the milk to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks together until thick and pale yellow.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the milk.
- Beat the milk into the eggs and sugar in a slow stream.
- Pour the mixture back into pan, and place over low heat.
- Stir until the custard thickens (around 60C).
- Allow the custard to cool.
- Whip the cream until it has doubled in volume (don’t over-whip!) and fold into the custard.
- Freeze using a domestic ice cream machine, adding the cookies when it’s fairly solid.
- You can alsoÂ just cover and place in the freezer, stirring every few hours, and again, add the cookies when it’s reasonably solid.
1. The reason not to add the cookies to early, is that they can turn the ice cream an awful grey colour if they are mixed in too early!
2. The vanilla is optional, but we like a base flavour of vanilla for this ice cream…
This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 at 7:10 pm and is filed under Ice Cream. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.