This recipe, from this week’s Irish Times article, is a simple way of enjoying great quality chocolate and ice cream together. It is designed to form an unsweetened hard crust on ice cream, and I suggest vanilla, so you don’t have competing flavours. The butter is simply to make the chocolate less brittle…
Gourmet Chocolate Crust
- 100g high quality, dark chocolate
- 10g (2 teasp) unsalted butter
What to do:
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler or microwave.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Pour over vanilla ice cream.