Ice Cream Man Goes Flying

Aerial shot of Dingle When Colm, the farmer who supplies us with Kerry Cow milk and who owns the Dingle Corn Maze told me yesterday that he had hired a helicopter to take aerial photos of his maze and that there was a chance I could go up, I was excited indeed.

Strand Street from aboveToday he rang telling me the helicopter was on its way, and although I was in the middle of production, I dropped everything and headed over to the Skellig Hotel, which has a helipad. I’ve never been in a helicopter before, and was dying to take a look at Dingle from above.

What an experience! It was breathtaking. There should be someone offering helicopter tours of this area.

Conor and Sean with HelicopterThe best part was that I was able to bring along my nephew, Conor, who is mad about helicopters.

My brother Sean (right with Conor) wasn’t able to come up with us, but he was there when we landed, and Conor was speechless with excitement.

What a great day!

Technorati tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Ice Cream Man Goes Flying”

1. July 31st, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Eoin Purcell says:

Sure looks like fun!
    Great pics too!
    Eoin

2. August 1st, 2007 at 10:14 am

Anthony Creswell says:

Did you get a shot of the maze from above?
    Anthony

3. August 1st, 2007 at 1:04 pm

I did, although not a great one. They had a proper photographer who was on the other side of the helicopter, and the way we circled, I was always on the outside!

4. August 5th, 2007 at 10:36 am

Jen says:

So that was you! We were wondering why the helicopter kept circling… The boys (3 & 5 yr old) got very excited whenever it got close.

5. August 5th, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Annaa M says:

I´m speechless with excitement just to see the pictures…

6. August 5th, 2007 at 10:04 pm

Inga M says:

Whatever I write now will be wrong on my oldfashion schoolenglish, but it is really a wonderful view over a town, which Annaa M made us so curious about. She keeps telling us about Dingle so often on the blogg and she has lots of readers on her blogg so You will soon have an invation from Sweden!