Berry Berry Tarts
Here’s a fruit tart we’ve been making for our shops. It’s a pretty basic recipe, especially if you can buy in the tart shells (otherwise there’s a recipe for pie dough here). We make the tarts in single serving size, but there is no reason it couldn’t be a full pie.
25 gr sugar
175 gr ground almonds
225 gr butter
50 gm flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Raspberries, blueberries, or other berries you have to hand.
Powdered sugar, for dusting.
What to do:
1. Coat bottom of the tart (or pie) shells with a thin layer of raspberry jam.
2. Beat the sugar and butter together until smooth.
3. Add the ground almond and continue mixing.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Mix in the flour.
6. Use a piping bag or spoon to spread the frangipane (almond mixture) in to the tart shells.
7. Press in the berries.
8. Bake at 150C for about half an hour, or until the frangipane looks lightly brown.
9. Dust with powdered sugar.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 at 6:58 pm and is filed under Baking. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.