A Little Treat for Mother’s Day

Chocolate Hearts Here’s a little treat I made to give out to mothers in our shops on this Mother’s Day. If you want to make them, here’s what I did:

1. I used a spatula to spread a thin layer of dark tempered chocolate on a sheet of baking parchment.
  2. As soon as the chocolate hardened, I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the chocolate hearts. (Work quickly before the chocolate becomes brittle).
  3. I let the chocolate harden completely, then removed all the chocolate around the hearts.
  4. Finally, I drizzled the chocolate hearts with white chocolate.

Hopefully we’ll make some mothers happy today!

Technorati tags:

7 Responses to “A Little Treat for Mother’s Day”

1. March 22nd, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Mary says:

That is so pretty- does it matter what kind of chocolate you use-any particular brand suggestion?

2. March 23rd, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Just use a good quality one. We use Valrhona, but whatever suits your tastes!

3. March 23rd, 2009 at 9:53 pm

somesaycocoa says:

Great idea to use cookie cutters … I think I just might try that. Thanks for the tip.

4. March 24th, 2009 at 3:44 pm

AFB says:

Today appears to be European day of homemade ice cream making?

5. March 24th, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Thanks for that tidbit, An Fear Bolg! Very random!

6. March 24th, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Mary says:

Cool – I’m currently waiting for my first batch of homemade ice-cream to come out(bought machine yesterday)- just realised I doubled the cocoa powder by accident though….hope it’s ok! I’ll eat it anyway no doubt!

7. June 23rd, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Freya Sykes says:

Kieran,

What a brilliant blog you’ve got…I stumbled across you this evening and you’ll definately be going on my “to read in future” list!!

I own a traditional sweet and toffee shop in Yorkshire and we’re currently making our own ice creams etc and I love the idea of chocolate hearts to go on the ice creams instead of the usual flakes – so if you don’t mind I may have a go at your idea of the hearts! Thanks for that “sweet” idea! :-)