Sugar-Free Chocolate from Valrhona

Xocoline - Valrhona Sugar-free Chocolate I’ve just received 3kg of Xocoline, Valrhona’s new sugar-free chocolate. We’ve been struggling to find a way to make sugar-free ice cream that is natural and meets our standards in terms of taste and consistency. Hopefully this will be a big step forward, and I’ll start playing immediately with it.

As far as sugar-free chocolates go – it is by far the best I have ever tasted. It’s fruity and sharp (65% cocoa content), and is very much a Valrhona product in terms of quality. I think there will be many interested chefs and many happy people who are on sugar-restricted diets!

Xocoline is available in Ireland through Odaios Food (trade only). Valrhona is planning to sell these as bars as well for retail customers, but as far as I know they are not available yet…

Technorati tags: , , ,

13 Responses to “Sugar-Free Chocolate from Valrhona”

1. April 13th, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Rachel@fairycakeheaven says:

oooo very interesting indeed!!! bet this is gorgeous as sugar free chocolate goes!

2. April 13th, 2008 at 8:40 pm

brian says:

How do they sweeten it? Is it low calorie or just alternative sweeterner to sugar?

3. April 14th, 2008 at 3:15 am

Alex says:

Chocolate causes certain endocrine glands to secrete hormones that affect your feelings and behavior by making you happy. Therefore, it counteracts depression, in turn reducing the stress of depression. Your stress-free life helps you maintain a youthful disposition, both physically and mentally. So, eat lots of chocolate!

“I love chocolate. Have you ever seen a chocolate fountain? It is

wonderful! Check this out..”

4. April 14th, 2008 at 8:32 am

aforkfulofspaghetti says:

Guilt-free chocolate? could anything be more fantastic??!

5. April 14th, 2008 at 11:11 am

Kitchen Goddess says:

Even sugar free, I bet this is gorgeous.

6. April 14th, 2008 at 6:39 pm

It’s not bad at all! Brian – it uses maltitol…

7. April 14th, 2008 at 6:43 pm

Niall Harbison says:

I have worked in so many places where we had Valhrona and I would have to hide it somewhere as everybody would be snacking on the stuff! It is so addictive and really does give you a serious high! Best chocolate in the world in my opinion!

8. April 14th, 2008 at 8:54 pm

Laura@HungryandFrozen says:

My boyfriend is diabetic (insulin dependant) and frankly I would rather have a tiny bit of proper chocolate than the greasy sugar-free stuff he sometimes gets. (Of couse, he can really eat anything, within moderation) but if Valhrona is making sugar free chocolate it must be quality! I hope they will stock it in NZ. It looks fab :)

9. April 19th, 2008 at 12:08 am

Andy says:

in all the years I’ve been coming to your wonderful place I have never once sampled your ice cream (but plenty of your excellent coffee!) as I’m very strict with my diet. please lord next time……..

10. April 22nd, 2008 at 12:56 pm

sugar free chocolate says:

Normally, sugar free chocolate candies are prepared for diabetics. Therefore, the milk and sugar content in this type of chocolates are very low and the cocoa content is high.

11. April 29th, 2008 at 6:33 pm

Chocolate Covered Gifts says:

I think I like sugar free chocolate better than regular.

12. April 29th, 2008 at 6:40 pm

It’s interesting that you say that, and I can see why. Our test batches of sugar-free ice cream have tasted very good. Without any sugar, it’s much lighter and more refreshing, and the taste of the chocolate comes out quite strong.

13. May 11th, 2011 at 9:29 am

Carb-free says:

Is the sugar-free chocolate icecream for sale?