Finally, a Fish Shop For Dingle!

Dingle Fish I am happy to announce that Dingle has a fresh fish shop for the first time in years. I am so excited!

Fish Shop, Dingle

O’Cathain Iasc Teo., on the Quay, have opened a little fish shop right next to their factory. Only open two days, I had to queue behind a few other delighted locals to get my bit of turbot for tonight’s dinner. So, it looks like it will be successful, which is great news.

They had quite a range of offerings, and I sincerely wish it brings some hope to Dingle’s struggling fish industry. I certainly will be a good customer!

And yes, if you’re heading to Dingle for Easter, and if you feel like cooking, they will be open on Good Friday so that you can get your fish. From the fresh look of it, though, it will hardly be a penance!

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Finally, a Fish Shop For Dingle!”

1. March 19th, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Rachel@fairycakeheaven says:

Sounds fantastic, couldn’t live without the fish shop near me, nothing like some fresh mackeral for dinner!

2. March 20th, 2008 at 12:05 am

Annaa M says:

I remember one of the old fish shops in Dingle, across the street and a bit to the left from your house. They used to put some fresh fish on a small stool outside the shop.

3. March 20th, 2008 at 1:00 am

TACE says:

Looks like a nice place. Can’t beat fresh fish! As long as it stays out of the ice cream…….haha if y’all do start experimenting you’ll have to give us faithful readers a heads up so we can avoid the pain of cod-sicles or chocolate chunk halibut swirl….oh man….the horror.

4. March 20th, 2008 at 9:26 am

Kitchen Goddess says:

Sounds great. I wish I’d a local fish shop near me, such a pain having to get it delivered via online stores and I so miss the banter.

5. March 20th, 2008 at 1:37 pm

aforkfulofspaghetti says:

Ooooh, lucky you! As others have said, there’s no beating fresh fish. But please don’t be making into fish ice cream… ;)

6. March 20th, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Don’t worry! There is no fish ice cream cooking in the kitchen!

7. March 20th, 2008 at 11:31 pm

lorraine@italianfoodies says:

wow I can’t believe there was no fish shop in Dingle, that’s amazing!! Enjoy!!

8. March 21st, 2008 at 5:52 am

TACE says:

*giant sigh of relief* Thannnnk goodness, after all the bacon ice cream I kept tripping across on the internet last week I was a wee bit afraid…hahaha

9. March 20th, 2010 at 12:39 am

Eilis Kane says:

Hey My Uncles and Relatives Own That:)
    O’Caithain, Kane:)