Happy St. Patrick’s Day and the Big 100K

St Patricks Day 08 Happy St. Patrick’s Day! My brother was in our Killarney shop, and I was too busy making coffees and scooping ice cream in Dingle to see much of the parade. I managed to snap a couple of photos in the one lull we had, which are here.

St Patrick's Day Parade

There was a great crowd around, and a very good atmosphere. For once, it was actually dry, and although quite windy, no one got wet!

In other news, Ice Cream Ireland has just passed the 100,000 visitor mark, which I feel is a big achievement. I know that some blogs might do that in a day, but I’m quite proud that this site has attracted so many people since its inception. Thanks to all my loyal readers, and long live ice cream!

Technorati tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Happy St. Patrick’s Day and the Big 100K”

1. March 17th, 2008 at 6:12 pm

Dianne says:

Long live ice cream indeed! :)

2. March 17th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Rachel@fairycakeheaven says:

Congrats on all the visitors and Dingle looked very festive indeed

3. March 17th, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Deborah says:

Congratulations Kieran! Have a wonderful evening!

4. March 17th, 2008 at 8:27 pm

TACE says:

woooooooooo congratulations on the over 100,000 mark. In case you were unaware, that’s a LOT! hahaha Looks like there’s a lot of fun going on in them pics…you know what’s weird I think I have those same hats as the girls in the first photo..sheesh I ought to dig them out and greet the mail man in them. Happy day to y’all.

5. March 18th, 2008 at 9:25 am

Sarah says:

Of course that’s a great achievement! I made your vanilla ice cream on Friday night and it was polished off last night!!! Delicious….

6. March 18th, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Kitchen Goddess says:

Happy St Patrick’s Day!
    Congrats Kieran, some great festivities going on by the looks of it.

Slainte.

7. March 18th, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Laura@HungryandFrozen says:

Hi there…am new to your site (so obviously was not part of the 100,000 hits!) but really like it. Looks like Dingle was the place to be on St Patrick’s Day! (When I was in Dingle in 2005 I didn’t have any icecream but did have a deep fried mars bar…not so good for a hangover as I discovered immediately afterwards…)

8. March 21st, 2008 at 3:55 am

Tartelette says:

Hope you had a fabulous St Patty’s day. I made mint chocolate chip ice cream for my Irish husband for the occasion :)

9. March 21st, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Thanks, everyone, and I hope the ice cream turned out well for the lucky Tartelette hubby.

10. March 15th, 2009 at 10:49 pm