A Jaunt to Slea Head

Sleeping Giant Blasket Island I had a bit of free time yesterday, and since the weather was stunning, I decided to take a jaunt out Slea Head.

Blasket IslandsI don’t get back West as much as I would like, but when I’m there, looking out at the Blasket Islands, walking in the green grass, and basking in the calm, I think I surely must be blessed to have all of this at my doorstep.

By the way, in case you don’t get the top photo, Inis Tuaisceart is also called the Sleeping Giant…

Technorati tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “A Jaunt to Slea Head”

1. September 29th, 2007 at 1:41 am

Tracey says:

whoah, awesome double take moment. That is amazing, the sleeping giant. I think I may have heard of that, like on a travel documentary or something. Beautiful photos. Those sheep aren’t jumping off the cliff I hope…haha

2. September 29th, 2007 at 4:04 am

Helen says:

Very clever photo — perfectly executed!

Slea Head is so lovely! I don’t know how you get any work done, living so close . . . .

3. October 1st, 2007 at 12:58 am

Keith& Joanne says:

Hello,
    Great photo, one of our favorite areas on Slea Head. But my wife claims “The Giant” seems to be more “excited” about the scenery than you. Only she would notice. See you at Murphy’s in October.

4. October 1st, 2007 at 2:29 am

Rose Welchans says:

Except the real sleeping giant didn’t have on a baseball cap–:)

5. October 2nd, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Carmel says:

I can’t wait to be back in Dingle! their for family wedding earlier this year but hoping to be back in October. Your photos always bring a smile to my face.

6. December 20th, 2007 at 4:39 am

coaster says:

I remember visiting Dingle pennisula and the musem about the blasket is.
    It was our fav part of Ireland. We were there in ’95.

cheers from Australia,