Baileys Brownies

Stack of Brownies Our baker Wiebke is 7 months pregnant, and so I’ve been doing more baking than usual. I can’t manage her fantastic cakes, but I can turn out tarts, pies and cookies and brownies without too much trouble.

Brownie with Ice Cream

Yesterday I decided to try a variation on our Chocolate brownie recipe by adding Baileys Irish Cream. I like the combination of chocolate and Baileys, and we have a regular ice cream flavour Bó Dhubh, which is just that.

In any case, the result was very yummy, and if you want to try it, simply use the recipe I gave here and add 100ml Baileys after mixing in the flour.

Brownies are great with ice cream, and I would serve it with a scoop of vanilla or Baileys ice cream and chocolate sauce

Technorati tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Baileys Brownies”

1. June 23rd, 2006 at 12:04 am

auds says:

Yes, that Bailey’s chocolate ice cream you have was amazing in Dingle on a sunny day, melting over my fingers.
    AS was the brown bread and whiskey one that I combined it with.
    Unfortunately a rather large glob dripped on to my navy top – instead of being disgusted at having to spend the rest of the day in soiled clothing, with people knowing I was a pig who ate too much ice cream, I was thoroughly disgusted of having wasted a perfectly good mouthful of heavenly ice cream.

2. June 23rd, 2006 at 12:56 am

Ivonne says:

Oh my goodness, Kieran!

That looks sinful on every level … and oh so good!

3. June 23rd, 2006 at 1:22 am

gilly says:

Hi Kieran, long time reader, first time commenter…

…but I just had to say – that’s so uncanny!
    I was JUST thinking this morning that I’d love to try adding Bailey’s to my brownie recipe – but I was trying to figure how to work it in!

Perfect!

4. June 23rd, 2006 at 2:14 pm

Thanks for all of that! Delighted, Auds, and sorry about the top. Thanks for commenting, Gilly and let me know how it works for you!

5. June 24th, 2006 at 2:58 am

Geneve says:

Wow! These brownies look incredible. I love Bailey’s so I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that I’ll be a big fan of these! ;)

6. June 24th, 2006 at 12:54 pm

jenjen says:

oh my gosh this looks so decadent and delicious. I would go so far to say I would give my left arm to taste these, they look great!

I love your site by the way, I have just discovered it, but I will be visiting more often : )

7. June 28th, 2006 at 11:46 am

Su Yin says:

hey kieran, this looks ABsolutely amazing…I found you through JenJen;
    I’ve made brownies with baileys before…but Ive never tried it with icecream before!! I’m dying to try it now after looking at your photograph!! haha Maybe after my exams…hope to see more great stuff! cheers

8. June 28th, 2006 at 12:39 pm

It’s quite decadent! Good luck with your exams.

9. December 3rd, 2006 at 7:55 pm

simon says:

Just tried them. Seriously good. Sin full not the word.

10. December 3rd, 2006 at 9:04 pm

That makes me very happy!