Elderflower Champagne Sorbet?

I have this idea to bring elderflower champagne sorbet to Bloom in the Park, so today I went picking elderflowers! Sara, who will soon open Murphy’s seasonal shop in Tig Áine kindly offered up her elderflower trees, and the flowers are now fermenting in two containers in production. Fingers crossed it turns out OK! If it does, I’ll be sure to post a recipe!

8 Responses to “Elderflower Champagne Sorbet?”

1. May 20th, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Sarah says:

Oooh, sounds yummy! I will see you there for a giant giant ice cream/sorbet fix :)

2. May 20th, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Anna says:

That sounds soo good! One of my favorite cocktails of late is St. Germain mixed with pineapple juice and topped off with Champagne. I imagine if you froze that, it’d be amazing too.

3. May 22nd, 2011 at 6:17 am

David Maple / Gelato-ologist says:

Hi Guys-
    Nice to see others experimenting with the Elderflower! Nice one! For the last couple of years I have been making a brilliant 4 Bean Vanilla Elderflower Gelato for our shop- superb!! Just go get your self some Elderflowers and start playing-you’ll be amazed with what you come up with. Ciao-
    Respect-David M / The Gelato-ologist

4. May 23rd, 2011 at 12:34 am

claypotclub says:

They have elderflower syrup at Ikea. Goes nicely in a vodka tonic. I would love to try and make something with these flowers myself.

5. May 23rd, 2011 at 4:14 am

donna from Yumma Yumma says:

Yumm! I once had an elderflower cocktail that was amazing. I think it will make an awesome combination with champagne and sorbet…perfectly delicate!

6. May 24th, 2011 at 11:20 am

Sounds amazing, David. Yum!

7. May 25th, 2011 at 4:51 am

donna from Yumma Yumma says:

I have a huge honeysuckle bush in my front yard and wanted to try something with it. I just found a recipe for honeysuckle sorbet. Anyone ever tried this before?

8. June 4th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I haven’t yet, but I have my on some huge bushes of them. Will let you know if I attempt it, and I’d love to hear if you make some…