Looking for Ice Cream Dessert Ideas

We’re looking for sundae and other ice cream dessert ideas. If you have any suggestions of how we can improve our dessert offerings or create something new and fabulous, please leave a comment below!

It could be anything from the tried and tested to the wild and wacky (recently someone asked we make the following dessert: banana, maple syrup, vanilla ice cream, and streaky bacon).

Thanks a million!

23 Responses to “Looking for Ice Cream Dessert Ideas”

1. July 22nd, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Anna says:

First of all, that sunday looks like a delicious little reindeer or alien :D
    As for flavor ideas, have you considered white chocolate rose ice cream with cherries and dark chocolate chips?

2. July 22nd, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Krista says:

I’m just now in the middle of making a nectarine, marscarpone, and gingersnap tart–perhaps a marscarpone or sweet cream or similar ice cream with wedges of nectarine (or other in-season stone fruit) with a couple of gingersnaps?

3. July 23rd, 2010 at 6:51 am

clonedprince says:

ice cream ideas and their origins:

banana and parsley ice-cream – (originally a smoothie from Australia)

saffron and rosewater ice-cream – me

apple sorbet (cooked apple) the pectin really makes it smooth – via mom

cardamom and honey ice-cream – me

concord grape sorbet – via mom

for recipes and exact measurements: email me at

clonedprince@yahoo.com

4. July 23rd, 2010 at 8:46 am

morgana says:

OMG. It is dangerous to give me a chance to go crazy giving you stupid ideas for ice creams…

Rice pudding with rice krispie chips. I want to try that ice cream but my knowledge about ice cream making is so poor…

Gazpacho sorbet. ;-)

Horchata ice cream.

007 ice cream (inspired on James Bonds favorite drink). Other alcoholic drinks inspired ice creams (maragaritas, cosmopolitan, dry manhattan…)

New York cheesecake ice cream (served on a graham crust cookie).

Goji berries ice cream (just a health matter).

Halloween ice cream (pumpking color and some spices).

Christmas ice cream (aple? Cinnamon? raisins? christma punch?)

Arabian nights (spices and sutil flowers, just like some teas from the 1.001 nights tales).

I think it is enough. My psychiatrist is looking at me in a very strange way.

Cheers from Spain.

5. July 23rd, 2010 at 11:53 am

Clonedprice: Thanks for those! I’ll have to try apple sorbet. Didn’t occur to me about the pectin, but really good point! I’ve actually made a cardamom and honey ice cream – yum! Definitely food for thought…

Anna: Maybe it’s time to bring back the white chocolate + rosewater ice cream. Sounds great with cherries!

Morgana: Wow. Thanks so much for all of those! I really like the 007 ice cream, especially since our designer wants us to use the tagline “From Ireland… With Love” !!!

Krista: Yum!

6. July 23rd, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Some suggestions via twitter:

Imemn: Vanilla bean ice cream w butterscotch topping, marshmallow fluff + whip cream & toasted pecans = The Scottish Lassie Sundae

LMulliganGrocer: kirsch infused marischino cherries, dark chocolate icecream with chocolate chunks, tiny amount triple cream. And a flake.

likemamuse2bake: I’m all about the chocolate: honeycomb & choc ice cream, fudge brownie chunks, chocolate sauce, chopped hazelnuts. Nom!

CorinnaHar: Turkish Delight sundae: rose petal, pistachio and raspberry… with pretty petals on top :)

corkracecourse: You have to have strawberries in a sundae

7. July 23rd, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Aideen says:

This isn’t as whacky as the other ideas, but are you serving Affogatos yet? Cos they are Dreamy Delicious.

- Aideen

8. July 23rd, 2010 at 3:56 pm

We are indeed serving them. Probably my favourite ice cream treat of all time!

9. July 23rd, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Jenn's Ice Cream Recipe says:

Hi!

What an great question! I too am always looking for new ways to serve up this delicious treat! So I asked my visitors the same question – ice cream serving ideas.

You can check out a lot of different ideas here

I think you’ll find this helpful and even if none of them spark your fancy – perhaps this will get some ideas “churning”!

Hope this helps!

10. July 24th, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Ruth says:

Do you make ginger ice cream? If so, I think a scoop on rhubarb crumble would be a delicious dessert.

Or for a sundae, how about ginger and dark chocolate ice-creams, with gingerbread and maybe a butterscotch sauce?

11. July 25th, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Chaiicecream says:

When we were children, we used to make an ice cream sundae for my mum every Sunday, now I am the ice cream junkie!We made the Sunday with Dale Farm’s Coffee and Walnut ice cream (dreamy), cherries, peel, cream and chocolate sauce and chopped roasted nuts……this may be of inspiration or it may just help me get over the fact that I can’t find that flavour anymore. Love Murphys ice cream!

12. July 26th, 2010 at 12:15 am

Mesothelioma Attorney says:

13. July 26th, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Via Facebook:

Maebh: Here goes …………Chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, hot chocolate and toffee sauce, chopped nuts, toasted chopped banana, wafer & a blob of cream, not bad!

Kathy: hmm, nice with the choc cherries, but the rosewater would be a bit too delicate, eh? I’d go with a heavy french vanilla, toffee, caramel sauce with cashews. sweet, salty, crunchy and chewy all at once! hits all the textures and senses.

14. July 27th, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Kelly says:

oooh… this could be dangerous.

my thoughts:
    -a take on ricotta & pear pie: maybe ricotta ice cream served with pears in a graham cracker mini shell. or ricotta and pear ice cream with a graham cracker swirl
    -a spin on affigato: white hot chocolate poured over raspberry ice cream (not sorbet) or dark chocolate hot chocolate poured over strawberry ice cream or dark chocolate hot chocolate poured over white chocolate raspberry ice cream served with a chocolate wafer cookie
    -nutella ice cream…. served with anything. nutella goes with just about everything.
    -a tribute to elvis presley: banana brown sugar ice cream served with peanut butter sauce and bananas on top
    -blackcurrant sorbet

Those are just the first few that came to mind…

15. July 29th, 2010 at 10:03 am

Dinazad says:

Deconstructed apple pie? Apple sorbet, apple ice cream, vanilla or cinnamon ice cream with stewed apples, streusel and a shortbread cookie. And whipped cream.

Roses and rhubarb go well together, so I’d suggest rose and rhubarb ice cream with streusel (goes with everything, just like shortbread), and maybe a vanilla custard sauce. And whipped cream (also goes with anything).

The other day, at a Tibetan restaurant, I had (sweet) curry ice cream. Very nice! A combination of curry ice cream and ginger ice cream or pineapple sorbet, perhaps? With a bit of ginger preserves or pineapple chunks or such?

16. July 29th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

ben says:

i just made a whiskey ice cream. brutaly hard to figure out when its your first time making ice cream. but the flavor was great and everyone i gave it to loved it. also made a a spicy jalapeno lime and people went nuts over that cause you could feel the burn in the back of your throat. it was a really god contrast. so next its serrano and strawberry. and spicy chocolate.

17. August 4th, 2010 at 2:27 am

Brendan says:

How about an Apple and Elderflower sorbet? Using cloudy pressed apple juice and maybe St. Germaine Elderflower liquer? Or even Elderflower and citrus zest sorbet (lime and lemon zest). Ice cream wise how about an Aztec inspired spicy chocolate ice cream with chillis, a la your hot chocolates. Or even an Indian Kulfi type ice cream with cardamon. Also check out this link to an Esquire article on ice cream. Its got a bit of Heston Blumenthal about it… http://www.esquire.co.uk/2010/08/the-chin-chin-laboratorists/#more-23512

18. August 4th, 2010 at 8:00 am

James Parker says:

Hi…

yummy….not bad! Thanks for those!Those are just the first few that came to mind…Hope this helps! thanks for sharing this.

19. August 5th, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Alan D says:

In terms of ice-cream desserts, the classic knickerbocker glory is always good, and ripe for the post-modern interpretation/deconstruction treatment. I just love saying it!

Really good balsamic vinegar can be great on ice-cream, especially with strawberries or raspberries. Similarly black pepper can work really well, and might sit very well with your lovely sea salt flavour. You’d need a bland base – maybe a bread and butter thing?

I see some other people have gone all savoury with their suggestions. My weirdest savoury ice-cream experience was in the Metropole Hotel Venice: parmesan ice-cream accompanying scorpion fish. Pretty incredible!

20. August 5th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Jenny says:

My favorite sundae is the Dusty Road. Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and malted milk powder – whipped cream on top optional. :)

21. August 7th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Jo says:

I would do icecreams sandwiches with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

And in France I had some incredibly wonderful icecream stuffed macarons.

Sigh. I wish I worked for you :)

22. August 10th, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Genny says:

How about a good blackberry sundae. On the bottom you crush up Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, top with blackblerry icecream, drizzle with blackberry syrup, top with some whipped cream and garnish with a few whole Lorna doone (or your favorite shortbread cookies) YUUUMMMMY!!

23. August 1st, 2011 at 12:52 am

childminding says:

child minding…

Ice Cream Ireland » Blog Archive » Looking for Ice Cream Dessert Ideas…