Progress Report from Dublin

Tonight we opened both shops in Dublin for a few hours. As always, the last pieces are the most difficult and finishing the shops is proving quite a challenge.

The glass in Temple Bar finally arrived (photo above), and it took three days to install instead of the one we had expected, but at least it’s in and now there’s just some more cladding to do and general tidying up.

In Wicklow Street (photo right), we’re still without a few key pieces – extra cladding, tables for the back, swings for the front, and various bits of branding.

I’m very tired and very excited at the same time. I know it’s going to take an awful lot of effort to get the final bits and pieces done, but at least the shops are in our control now, and at least we can start doing what we love, and that’s selling ice cream!

11 Responses to “Progress Report from Dublin”

1. June 26th, 2010 at 2:51 am

sam says:

It’s so nice! Wish you have excellent sales all year round!

2. June 26th, 2010 at 7:49 am

sharon hearne smith says:

yyaaayyy! well done. you’ve come so far & so fast! they look amazing…cant wait to pop in for some yummy cooling down! s x

3. June 26th, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Rie says:

I have been following your blog for the past five years or so, and when I first saw your store in Powerscourt (dub), I told all my friends. Last week I saw the store open in Temple bar, and I went crazy. Yesterday I saw the one open on Wicklow street and I was in heaven. BTW, your crew/staff in the Temple Bar store are amazing at recommending flavours. Sea Salt+Burnt Caramel, BEST COMBO EVER!

4. June 27th, 2010 at 7:06 am

Martin says:

Just read in Caroline’s blog that you were opening in Dublin.
    (Out of touch since we moved to France)
    Brave move, many congratulations and huge luck.

5. June 27th, 2010 at 11:51 am

Caroline@Bibliocook says:
  6. June 27th, 2010 at 11:52 am

Caroline@Bibliocook says:

Ahem, that was supposed to be myself and Spud…

7. June 28th, 2010 at 11:22 am

SJ says:

Hi there , was lovely to meet you outside the shop on friday! Thanks a mil for the delish ice cream we will be back when you are properly open .. best of luck

SJ

8. June 29th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Liz says:

Passed the one on Wicklow St the other day, very excited, can’t wait til you open! Mmm ice cream :)

9. June 30th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Grannymar says:

Hi Kieran, It was great to meet you in the Wicklow Street shop today. I wish you every success in this new venture in Dublin. Raspberry Sorbet is my favourite!

I’ll be back!

10. June 30th, 2010 at 10:24 pm

A real pleasure to meet you again! Thanks so much for coming in to us.

11. July 3rd, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Fulle156 says:

Hi guys

Just a quick note to congratulate you on opening up in Dublin! I have been championing the Murphy’s Ice Cream cause since my first scoop of goodness in Dingle all those years ago. Anyway, I’ve been in to Wicklow Street, just at closing time just to wish them well and was very kindly offered a complimentary hot chocolate. With generosity like that, success is sure to follow! Best of luck!