Happy Bloomsday

Joyce Happy Bloomsday! Here’s a photo I took when I was in Dublin that seems appropriate… I can’t remember any mention of ice cream in Ulysses, but maybe there’s someone who can suggest a Joycean ice cream?

Technorati tags:

7 Responses to “Happy Bloomsday”

1. June 16th, 2008 at 2:05 pm

Julian says:

Now I’m not for a moment suggesting you waste your time doing it, but a Heston Blumenthal-ish mutton kidney ice cream, bringing together the comforting smoothness of both textures, could possibly work. Add a strand or two of Kerry seaweed to partner the fine tang of urine and you’re flying, I’d say.

Or how about something whipped up from the creamy head of a pint of stout? You could call it Buck Mulligan’s Shaving Soap. Surely there’d be at least one person curious enough…

2. June 16th, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Julian says:

By the way, it took five goes to get that up. Your security code thing is pretty hard to convince.

3. June 16th, 2008 at 2:47 pm

Martin says:

“I’d love a big juicy pear now to melt in your mouth like when I used to be in the longing way”- says Molly. Seems to me a Pear Ice Cream would make her happy.

4. June 16th, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Always good to keep Molly happy. I’m sorry for that Julian. Maybe I need to find a new plug-in…

5. June 18th, 2008 at 4:15 am

neil says:

How about an Irish whiskey flavour with an oaty background note. The oats because porridge would be a tolerable meal after a hard night’s drinking.

6. June 18th, 2008 at 12:34 pm

yuki says:

It is splendid blog. I am studied. Please link to this site!

7. June 20th, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Kitchen Goddess says:

Ahh sure a nice whiskey ice cream would be a grand tribute to Joyce