Gelato alla Crema
- 500ml milk
- 250ml cream
- 200g sugar
- 6 egg yolks
What to do:
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks together until thick and pale yellow.
- Bring the milk to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the milk into the eggs and sugar in a slow stream.
- Pour the mixture back into pan and place over low heat.
- Stir until the custard thickens slightly (around 70C).
- Immediately transfer into another container and place in the refrigerator until cool.
- Whip the cream and fold into the mix.
- Freeze using a domestic ice cream machine, or cover and place in the freezer.