Max Brenner Chocolates

Max Brenner Chocolates Today I ventured into our closed Dingle shop to pilfer some coffee beans (it’s been a terrible shock to the system having the shop closed, since I became quite used to rolling out of bed in the morning and heading to the shop to warm up the espresso machine and make a latte to kickstart the day) when I found the Max Brenner chocolates still on the counter – a gift brought from New York by a customer.

Max BrennerMax Brenner is an Israeli company (the name is a composite of the two original owners), has branches in Australia and other parts of the globe as well, and I’m told they do a mean hot chocolate in their cafes. It would seem from the packaging that there is as much emphasis on marketing as on chocolate, but it seems to be working. There are photos of one of the NY shops and one of the original owners here.

I know I don’t get about often enough and that I’ve been away from New York City too long when it takes the great Lady K to bring back samples from the latest NY chocolate shops, and I haven’t even heard of them!

I guess it’s another excuse to go travelling again. New York? Then again, I’ve always wanted to go to Israel. Well, one can dream…

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Max Brenner Chocolates”

1. January 23rd, 2007 at 3:34 am

Ann says:

Dear Kieran,

Max Brenner in NYC imho is highly over hyped. Try Michel Cluizel (hope I got sp right) in the ABC building 18th and Bwdway lower level absolutely lovely as is the store, if ever you get to this side of the Atlantic. Anyhow both stores are a stone’s throw from each other.

2. January 23rd, 2007 at 10:40 am

Thanks for that, Ann. Ah, to be strolling the streets of Manhatten again, tasting chocolate…

3. February 1st, 2007 at 6:28 pm

JoBopPop says:

I’ve been to the New York store. This place was just downright strange. Way over the top. Do we really need chocolate pizza???!

Didn’t like it at all.

Have you Tried the Li Lac Chocolates on or how about the original pioneer of the whole chocolate lounge movement— Alison Nelson’s Chocolate Bar located on 48 Eighth Avenue in New York City? That place has style AND substance. I found max’s chocolate a bit too stale. The whole thing made me dizzy and not in such a good way.

4. February 1st, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Thanks for that! Yes, I know Li Lac and Nelson’s. Mmmm. Damn. Now I’m hungry!

5. April 15th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Barry Williams says:

Max Brenner is taking Australia by store and his White Hot Chocolate is seriously lovely.Yeah Its chocolate everything and a bit over the top.But thats why people adore it.

6. March 7th, 2012 at 11:32 am

lala says:

Just came across this, Max Brenner Nyc is fine but I discovered Max Brenner in Israel & going there in April..THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!