Ice Cream Truffles

Ice Cream Truffles Even though it’s busy season, and most of our attention is going into keeping the shops in ice cream, we’ve been playing around with the idea of making ice cream truffles here in the world of ice cream.

I don’t know if it’s a silly idea, but it seems to me that it might be pretty interesting to have a gold box of ice cream truffles in the freezer cabinet of a specialty food shop. It could make an impression at a dinner party.

We’ve just started fooling around with it, but it’s a tasty treat. I would love to get any feedback. Would you buy such a thing?

Technorati tags: , ,

16 Responses to “Ice Cream Truffles”

1. June 28th, 2006 at 11:23 am

winds says:

Oh my God, yes.

2. June 28th, 2006 at 11:28 am

mary gilmartin says:

Tasty

3. June 28th, 2006 at 12:02 pm

Simon McGarr says:

Would the chocolate be frozen? Are we talking about choc-ice spheres here? If so, then I say no.

Or would you, by some wizardry, manage to have room temperature chocolate but nice cold ice cream inside. I could be tempted to part for something like that.

4. June 28th, 2006 at 12:38 pm

I guess it would sort of be choc-ice spheres, since my wizardry doesn’t extend to allowing it to be room temperature. However, it would be rather more gourmet, with Valrhona chocolate, and interesting fillings besides the ice cream such as alcohol, nuts, etc…

5. June 28th, 2006 at 1:43 pm

gilly says:

Definately!

6. June 28th, 2006 at 5:52 pm

Conor O'Neill says:

Are you completely insane? You’d have to beat customers off with a stick.

I’d better not mention the idea to my wife or she’ll be in a car to Dingle before I finish the sentence.

7. June 28th, 2006 at 11:37 pm

Anita says:

Those look wonderful – I would buy them in a heartbeat!

8. June 29th, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Cian says:

Yummy yummy yummy! And alcohol in the middle sounds like a wonderful plan!

9. July 10th, 2006 at 11:49 am

Linda says:

without a doubt, a brilliant idea. what a way to end off a dinner party!

10. November 23rd, 2006 at 12:31 am

melissa says:

i would buy them in a heartbeat. i have been looking for this very thing for a wedding i am planning. so if u do decide to start selling them please let me know!!!

11. November 23rd, 2006 at 6:31 pm

Thanks for that. They are so tasty, but I’m still having trouble finding decent packaging in small quantities. Will let you know how we get on…

12. April 25th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

Ruth says:

these sound lovely, although I would suggest that you make them a small size (the more the merrier!) as to break through the chocolate, you have to bite through solid icecream. Maybe the words ‘brain-freeze’ might ring a bell?

13. May 6th, 2007 at 5:41 am

brian says:

I’ve been thinking about making something like this! I don’t see what all the fuss about biting into rock hard ice cream. Here in the states, you can get “dibbs” at the supermarket, which are basically what you have here, only mass produced, smaller and much less attractive. You just pop them in your mouth, one after another. I suppose some alcohol in the ice cream could keep them soft, or just a slight thaw in the fridge before serving. I’m sure the dibbs use some artificial ingredient to accomplish the same.

14. October 30th, 2007 at 9:01 pm

J Coyle says:

I think it would be a great accompniment to a choclolate/ beverage fountain display.

15. January 9th, 2008 at 4:00 am

graciela says:

im excited to try them i had a dream about ice cream truffles and here we are can;t wait to try them!!!

16. June 15th, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Diana says:

Hey guys,

Take a look at these. I’ve been making them,and have a small chocolate shop. I wasn’t sure how to get them out nationwide. However, I do have the capability of shipping them as well.

http://www.dahliachocolates.com. Please let me know what you think. I even wrap them individually in a metallic colored candy foil in gold gift boxes.