Mexican Fiesta Ice Cream Flavours

¬†We’ve come up with our list of Mexican Fiesta ice cream flavours for the Food Festival in October. (Drum roll please!) They are:
  1. Vanilla (Mexico is the original home of this exotic orchid)
  2. Cajeta (Goat’s Milk and Cinnamon Caramel)
  3. Chocolate (Praise be!)
  4. Kahlua Coffee
  5. Praline Pecan
  6. Mango Sorbet
  7. Pay de Coco (Coconut & Almond ice cream)
  8. Mexican honey and vanilla
  9. Black Bean Chocolate Sorbet
  10. Guacamole
  11. Chocolate chipotle
  12. Corona and Lime
  13. Classic Margarita
  14. Arroz con Leche (rice pudding ice cream)
  15. Green Chilli Ice Cream
  16. Baked Plantain (or banana if I can’t find ripe plantains)

I’ll be posting some of the recipes soon!

Technorati tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Mexican Fiesta Ice Cream Flavours”

1. September 10th, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Zoe says:

Yum. Makes me want to visit Dingle for the Food Festival!

2. September 11th, 2008 at 9:00 am

Ciara Crossan says:

Mmmmm…I like the sound of the Corona and Lime!!!
    Well done Kieran!

3. September 12th, 2008 at 3:34 pm

Emily says:

What, no dulce de leche? Or Gin Fizz? Or Flan? Or Pepitas (pumpkin seed)? Or Papaya? The guacamole suggestion kinds scares me. Baked plantain sounds yummy though.

4. September 12th, 2008 at 6:28 pm

All good suggestions! As for the guacamole – I’ve made an avocado ice cream before, and it was delicious!

5. September 18th, 2008 at 8:40 pm

Krista says:

You need to work some churros in there somewhere! Churros are fantastic…

6. October 27th, 2008 at 12:36 am

Thomas says:

Black Bean Chocolate Sorbet – the Mexican have a crazy taste :-) But Mexican honey and vanilla is very tasty – I know it.

7. April 27th, 2010 at 11:22 am

Dee says:

Avocado tequila ice cream is wonderful — though not technically an ice ‘cream’ as the recipe I used had no dairy products at all. Hard to believe, I know, but the vegetable fats in Avocado gave it a creaminess that is fantastic…:-)

8. November 23rd, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Ice Cream Ireland » Blog Archive » Candied Chilli Peppers says:

[...] I ask myself some odd questions, and one of them, when thinking about our recent Mexican ice cream flavours, was whether one could candy chilli peppers in the same way one candies orange peels. They are a [...]