Ice Cream Ireland Scoops Two Awards

Irish Blog Awards I’m delighted to announce that we have come back from Dublin with two awards from the Irish Blog Awards – Best Business Blog and Best Specialist Blog. Thanks again to everyone who voted in the first round, to the judges, the sponsors, the organisers, and to all our readers and customers.

Rick O'SheaIt was a good night. Rick O’Shea did a great job as MC, and of course Damien pulled the whole thing off with style. The best moment for me was when Bernie Goldbach pressed his award on Damien, who certainly deserves acclamation. Pure class.

I enjoyed meeting fellow bloggers, including the nominees for the business award who were very gracious and definitely worth keeping an eye on. Krishna De, by the way, has posted the podcast of all of us here.

Others I finally met were Conor O’Neill (congrats!), Copernicus, Winds and Breezes, Vals Kitchen, Keith, and more…

Congratulations to all of the winners and all of the nominees.

I wish my brother had been along, because he would have enjoyed it. Besides, Sean is much more outgoing than I, and I’m sure we would have met many more people! My mother was kind enough to join me, and I thank her for it…

Lunar EclipseI was tired from all the travel and didn’t stay very late. However, when leaving, we had a good look at the lunar eclipse. I didn’t have at all the right camera or lens, but this will give you an idea if you missed it.

It seemed a perfect way to end the evening, standing outside the hotel in the middle of Dublin with a big group of other bloggers, watching the moon disappear…

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

22 Responses to “Ice Cream Ireland Scoops Two Awards”

1. March 4th, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Tom Raftery says:

Congrats on well deserved wins Kieran

2. March 4th, 2007 at 7:13 pm

keith bohanna says:

Well deserved Kieran – your blog is deadly :-)

keith

3. March 4th, 2007 at 8:19 pm

annette says:

Congratulations Kieran it was lovely to meet you last night

4. March 4th, 2007 at 10:39 pm

Ron Quimby says:

Way to Go Kieran!! Your blog is just really outstanding and now we know just how much so.

5. March 4th, 2007 at 10:42 pm

Lar says:

Kieran,

well done, have been reading up on your chocolate recipes since meeting you.

I even went out this morning hunting for some Murphy’s ice-cream. Unfortunately, my local Fresh (Smithfield) was closed due to the horse fair on, so the hunt will continue tomorrow!

Lar

6. March 4th, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Rick says:

And lovely to meet you too Kieran! Well deserved and my love to all…

7. March 5th, 2007 at 12:08 am

Conor O'Neill says:

Big congrats Kieran. It was great to meet you too. Watch out for us hitting your place in Dingle every day of our summer holidays!

8. March 5th, 2007 at 12:22 am

copernicus says:

Nice to meet you Kieran, though twas quick as you appeared to be waiting for a cab to whisk you away from the glamourous surrounds of the Alexander. I was quite affected by the shout-out from the stage – very daycint.

Anyway, congrats on the awards. This is a great blog with a really solid identity and an interesting voice.

I’ll say hello next time I’m in the shop. I’ve been in often but you’re generally quite busy and one doesn’t like to distract someone from his business. It’s hard enough to run one without ice-cream fanboys clamouring for autographs, I’m sure.

9. March 5th, 2007 at 10:24 am

Janet says:

Congratulations! Those pictures on your blog are wonderful. I’m drooling over the chocolate sundae.

10. March 5th, 2007 at 11:07 am

Caroline@Bibliocook says:

Well done on both your awards Kieran! I got my dates all mixed up – thought it was happening on the 11th like a feckin’ idiot – so managed to miss out on meeting up with you all. Grrr…and I was really looking forward to it…need to double check dates from now on!

11. March 5th, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Chris Byrne says:

Kieran

Great job and well done!

Chris

12. March 5th, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Sheila says:

Fantastic news! So well deserved!

13. March 5th, 2007 at 3:23 pm

Thanks, thanks, thanks, everybody!

14. March 5th, 2007 at 4:42 pm

UnaRocks says:

well done ice cream people!

15. March 5th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Ken McGuire says:

Congratulations on the win Kieran – on both counts! Myself and the other KilkennyMusic.com guys (also there on the night) are planning to cash in those free scoop vouchers on a roadtrip in the summer, looking forward to it :)

16. March 5th, 2007 at 6:05 pm

Jenny@wheresthesalt says:

Felicitations Kieran! Delighted to hear you did so well, richly deserved.

Also great to see that Fungie’s still going strong!

17. March 5th, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Bock the Robber says:

Good stuff. Nice to share the eclipse with you.

18. March 6th, 2007 at 8:38 am

Damian O'Broin says:

Well done Kieran! I’m looking forward to my next trip to Kerry to sample the goods!

19. March 6th, 2007 at 9:32 am

jenjen says:

Wow Keiran, I am so happy to hear about this awesome news. Celebrate for as long as you can and live it up! Cogratulations, you really deserve it.

20. March 6th, 2007 at 6:03 pm

gilly says:

Congrats, Kieran!

21. March 6th, 2007 at 7:33 pm

Phil says:

congrats on your winnings. You have a great blog here, I shall be visiting more often to whet my appetite.

I was considering getting that free scoop, alas it is quite a trek from Belfast – 300+ miles!

22. March 11th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Hendrik says:

Congratulations, Kieran! A truely deserved prize (i.e. two of them)